Creating Map Themes
To add an arbitrary online or offline map to Little Navmap simply add the map directory from a downloaded or self created map theme to the
Check out the Little Navmap Support Forum at AVSIM for more map themes.
The full path to the DGML file (see links below for more details about DGML) describing the map must be
...\Little Navmap\data\maps\earth\opencyclemap\opencyclemap.dgml if you like to add the OpenCycleMap for example. The DGML file can refer to an online map service or included offline map data. Usually a map theme contains many more files than only the DGML.
Theme in the main menu and the toolbar drop down box will receive an entry for each additional map theme. Custom map themes are prefixed with a
* in the drop down box and with the word
Custom in the menu.
Show Country and City Names and
Show Hillshading are enabled for all additional map themes but might not work depending on properties defined in the map's DGML file.
More maps and information about map configuration and DGML files can be found here on the Marble/KDE pages:
- Download more maps for the Marble widget (only Earth maps are supported in
Little Navmap): Additional Maps
- A tutorial that shows how to create a map theme based on tiled images: Marble/CustomMaps
- A tutorial showing how to create a map theme based on OSM Slippy Maps: How to create map themes based on OSM slippy maps
- How to create a historical map for Marble: Historical Maps for Marble