52. Running without Flight Simulator Installation¶
You can use
littlenavmap.exe on all computers no matter if
SimConnect or a flight simulator are installed or not.
Follow these steps if you want to install Little Navmap on a computer not containing any flight simulator installation for a networked setup, for example. No functionality is affected except direct connect capability which are not needed in this case.
This scenario is typically used when connecting to the flight simulator to watch the progress of a flight remotely.
Flight plans can be created, loaded and saved on the client computer. You only have to make sure that these are transferred to the flight simulator computer using Windows shares or by other means.
These instructions apply to Windows, macOS and Linux computers equally.
- Install Little Navmap on both your flying computer and the client computer without simulator.
- Start it on the flying computer and generate the scenery library databases. See Load Scenery Library above for more information.
Show Database Filesin the main menu on the flying computer. This will open the directory containing the database files in a file manager like Windows Explorer or Apple Finder. You will find one or more database file like
- Exit Little Navmap on the flying computer.
- Start Little Navmap on the client/remote computer and select
Show Database Files.
- Exit Little Navmap on the client computer so you can copy the datbase files.
- Copy the database files to your client computer using network shares, USB sticks or whatever you like. Use the file manager windows opened by the procedures above.
- Start Little Navmap on the client computer. The menu
Scenery Libraryshould contain an entry for each copied database file or no entry at all if only one database file was copied. Airport icons should be visible on the map in either case. There is no need to reload the scenery library database now since you just copied a fully populated database file.
See Remote Connection for information about networked setups.