The statusbar at the bottom of the main window shows various indications (from left to right):
- Messages, last action or quick help explaining a menu item or toolbar button. When inactive the field shows the number of messages, if any. Messages cover background tasks like weather updates or the simulator connection state. Messages are shown in the tooltip when clicking into the field or hovering the mouse above. A maximum of ten messages is shown.
- Connection status for a local or remote connection. The tooltip
provides more detail about the status, like the host name for remote
connections as well as the connection status for online networks.
Connecting...: The program is trying to establish a connection which was initiated either manually or automatically.
Connected: A connection was established.
Disconnected: The simulator or Little Navconnect exited.
- Indicator that shows airport types, airspaces, navaids or AI vehicles
currently visible on the map. The tooltip gives more details.
- A red warning message
Too many objectsis be shown if too many objects are displayed on the map due to too high a detail level. The map display might be incomplete if this happens.
- A red
Database emptymessage will be shown if the currently selected database has no content and needs to be loaded. See Load Scenery Library for more information how to load the scenery library for a simulator.
- A red warning message
- Map detail level. Range is -5 for least detail to +5 for most detail. See Details.
- Online map download progress indicator. This shows the state of the
current map download. The text is prefixed with a red
Offline.indication if offline mode is enabled.
Done: All map data loaded successfully.
Loading: Map data is missing in the cache and was requested. Now waiting for reply.
Updating: Map data is already loaded but expired after two weeks. Waiting for new data after requesting an update.
Incomplete: Download failed.
- Zoom distance (viewpoint distance to earth surface) in NM or kilometers.
- Cursor position on map as latitude and longitude depending on
selected unit in the dialog
Optionson page Units.
- Ground elevation below the cursor after a short delay if the GLOBE offline elevation data is selected.
- Magnetic declination at the cursor position in degrees West or East.
- Current date of month and Zulu/UTC time
hours:minutes:seconds. This is the real world time and not the simulator time. The tooltip gives more date and time information.